VW Passat repair
- 1. Ekspluatatsiiya of the car
1.1. General information
1.2. System of the central blocking of locks
1.3. Trunk lid or back door
1.5. Window regulators
1.6. Rear-view mirrors
1.7. Seat belts
1.8. Head restraints
1.9. Forward seats
1.10. Back seats
1.11. Loading of a luggage compartment
1.12. Parking brake
1.13. Electronic blocking of differential
1.14. Mechanical transmission
1.15. Automatic transmission
1.16. Adjustment of a steering column
1.17. Ignition lock
1.18. Engine start-up
1.19. Combination of devices
1.20. Information display
1.21. Switches and additional control lamps
1.22. Switch of light of headlights and turn indexes
1.23. System of automatic maintenance of constant speed of movement of the car
1.24. Switch of cleaners and washers of wind and back glasses
1.25. Heating and ventilation system
1.26. Climatronic air central air
1.28. Plafonds of illumination of salon
1.29. Lighter and ashtrays
1.30. Top luggage carrier
1.31. System of stabilization of provision of a body
1.34. Body cowl
1.35. Engine oil
1.36. Transmission oil and liquid for an automatic transmission
1.37. Hydraulic booster of a steering
1.38. System of cooling of the engine
1.39. Brake system
1.40. Cleaner and windscreen washer
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Power supply system
+ 6. Ignition system
+ 7. Coupling
+ 8. Transmission
+ 9. Drive of forward wheels
+ 10. Suspension brackets
+ 11. Steering
+ 12. Brake system
+ 13. Wheels and tires
+ 14. Systems of heating, ventilation and conditioning
+ 15. Electric equipment
+ 16. Body
+ 17. Electric circuits
Repair B3-B4/Passat B3-B4 Volkswagen Passat>> Ekspluatatsiiya of the car>> Automatic transmission
On the car the four-stage automatic transmission with electronic control can be established.
The choice of a mode of movement is carried out by the switch 1 (fig. 1.22) . Distinguish two modes of movement — economic «E» and sports «S». Switching can be carried out and at car movement.
At inclusion of an economic mode of movement («E») the highest first of all join, and then the lowest transfers therefore fuel consumption decreases.
At a sports mode («S») the lowest first of all join, then the highest transfers. In this mode engine capacity is more fully used. Switching on the lowest transfers is carried out at bigger frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the engine in comparison with the mode "E".
The set mode remains and after an engine stop. To change a mode it is possible only the switch.
At failure of electronic control the automatic transmission can work in emergency operation according to two programs:
– the transmission switches transfers, as before, but thus additional mechanical efforts are required;
– the transmission does not work in an automatic mode.
In the second case it is possible to pass to a mechanical mode of switching, but thus in provisions "D", "3" and "2" (see fig. 22) only the third transfer will be included. If the selector 2 is in situation "1" or "R", the transmission works in a usual mode, i.e. joins respectively the first or back transfers. In both cases it is necessary to address for the help on service station.
At the included ignition the lever 2 choice of transfers in the situation "P" or "N" is blocked. It is necessary for prevention of casual inclusion of transfer. For an unblocking of the lever 2 press a pedal of a brake and the button 3.
The special device prevents lever blocking in the situation "N" at gear shifting, for example with «R» on «D». Blocking works, when at the released pedal of a brake the lever 2 is in the situation "N" more than 1 page. At speed of movement over 5 km/h lever blocking in the situation "N" is automatically disconnected.
Positions of the lever of a choice of transfers (see fig. 1.22 ):
– "R" ("Parking"). It is necessary to choose this situation only at a car stop. Driving wheels are blocked and interfere with car moving. It is also necessary to turn on the parking brake. It is forbidden to establish the lever in the situation "P" at car movement. The lever 2 is transferred to the situation "P" and deduced from it with simultaneous pressing of the button 3;
– «R» ("Backing"). It is necessary to choose this situation, if the car is stopped and the engine idles. To transfer the lever of a choice of transfers 2 of the situation "R" or "N" to the situation "R" press a pedal of a brake and the button 3 on the lever. At lever 2 installation in the situation "R" at the included ignition lamps of light of a backing light up;
– «N» («Neutral situation»). It is necessary to choose this situation at start-up and operation of the engine idling. To unblock the lever 2 choice of transfers in the situation "N" at speed of the car to 5 km/h or the motionless car at the included ignition, press a pedal of a brake and the button 3 on the lever;
– «D» ("Advance"). In this situation depending on loading of the engine, speed of movement and the chosen mode of movement («Е» or «S») automatically joins one of four transfers of a forward course;
– «3», it is recommended for movement on rough roads. In this position of the lever depending on loading of the engine, speed of movement and the chosen mode («Е» or «S») automatically join the second or third transfers, the fourth transfer is blocked. It is recommended to establish situation "3" if at the chosen situation "D" frequency of switchings with the fourth increases by the third transfer and on the contrary;
– «2», it is recommended for movement in the mountain district. Such situation gets out at movement without the trailer on roads with liftings or descents in mountains or at movement with a speed to 40 km/h. In this situation depending on loading of the engine, speed of movement and the chosen mode («Е» or «S») automatically join only the first and second transfers;
– «1», it is recommended for movement on roads with big biases. For lever 2 installation in this situation press the button 3 on it. The car will move only on the first transfer.
The automatic transmission has the device of compulsory inclusion of a low gear of kick-down. It allows a box to be switched automatically to lower transfer if loops of an accelerator it is already pressed against the stop, and load of the engine continues to increase. Switching on higher transfer occurs after frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the engine becomes maximum.
Recommendations about car operation with an automatic transmission:
1. The engine can be started up only in the position "N" or "R" of the lever of a choice of transfers.
2. Before lever switching on the motionless car with working engine it is necessary to press a brake pedal. When switching the lever do not press an accelerator pedal. If during movement of the car the situation "N" is casually established, before switching on transfer of a forward course release a pedal of an accelerator and switch the lever only at operation of the engine idling.
3. Before a start of motion establish demanded position of the lever («R», «D», «3», «2» or «1»), be convinced that transfer joined (easy breakthrough), and smoothly press an accelerator pedal.
4. At short-term stops it is possible not to transfer the lever to the situation "N", and it is enough to brake and transfer the engine to an idling mode.
5. At a car parking on a horizontal platform transfer the lever 2 to the situation "R". On a platform with a bias in addition turn on the parking brake.
6. At car towage ignition should be included, and the lever should be in the situation "N". The distance of towage should not exceed 80 km, and speed of movement – 50 km/h as there can be damages of details of a box because of insufficient greasing. In need of car transportation on bigger distance it is necessary to resort to the help of the wrecker.