VW Passat repair
+ 1. Ekspluatatsiiya of the car
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Cooling system
- 5. Power supply system
- 5.1. Power supply systems of petrol engines
5.1.2. General information
5.1.3. PIERBURG 2EZ carburetor
5.1.4. Air filter
5.1.5. Fuel pump
5.1.6. Fuel filter
5.1.7. Fuel accumulator
5.1.8. Fuel tank
5.1.9. Fuel level sensor
5.1.10. Accelerator cable
5.1.11. Systems of injection of fuel
5.1.12. Inlet collector
5.1.13. System of self-diagnostics and codes of malfunctions
5.1.14. Check of a control system by the Digifant engine
5.1.15. Check of a control system by the CIS-E-Motronic engine
5.1.16. System of production of the fulfilled gases
+ 5.2. Power supply system of the diesel engine
+ 6. Ignition system
+ 7. Coupling
+ 8. Transmission
+ 9. Drive of forward wheels
+ 10. Suspension brackets
+ 11. Steering
+ 12. Brake system
+ 13. Wheels and tires
+ 14. Systems of heating, ventilation and conditioning
+ 15. Electric equipment
+ 16. Body
+ 17. Electric circuits
Repair B3-B4/Passat B3-B4 Volkswagen Passat>> Power supply system>> Power supply systems of petrol engines>> System of production of the fulfilled gases
The system of production of the fulfilled gases is necessary for checking (fig. 5.75, 5.76, 5.77, 5.78) regularly on damage existence, прогаров, leaks, integrity and reliability of fixing elements, etc.
Before removal or dismantling of system of release it is necessary to moisten all all places of connections of pipes and fixing elements with the liquid dissolving products of a karrooziya, for example WD-40.
Before any work with system of release wait while its elements will cool down.
To check system on leaks it is possible as follows:
– start the engine;
– after the assistant for short time will close a rag an exhaust pipe, examine attentively from all directions system;
– if from connections, welded seams or elements of system there are fulfilled gases — neokhody repair of the damaged site.
On cars with the RP engine to disconnect an exhaust system it is necessary on connection of a collector with a reception exhaust pipe. Except for cars with the RP engine, it is simpler to remove an exhaust system from the car entirely and then to divide into parts or to cut off a defective part a hacksaw. On cars with the Lambda sensor, at removal of an exhaust system, disconnect the electric socket from the sensor.
Installation of an exhaust system begin with a forward part.
Removal and installation of a final collector carry out in the following order:
– remove an inlet collector;
– unscrew fastening and disconnect a zabornik of warmed-up air from a final collector;
– remove thermofilters;
– lift a forward part of the car and reliably fix it on supports;
– under the bottom of the car disconnect a reception exhaust pipe from a collector flange;
– on all cars except for cars with the RP engine: the flange is attached by nuts 11 (see fig. 5.75 ) and hairpins;
– unscrew nuts and disconnect a reception exhaust pipe 3 from a final collector 3;
– remove laying 2;
– on cars with the RP engine: connection of a final collector 2 (see fig. 5.76 ) with a reception exhaust pipe 13 is carried out by two rigid brackets 8;
– for a release of each bracket it is necessary to use the special VW 4140A/2 tool which represents a wedge-shaped plate (it it is possible to make easily independently). After installation of a wedge-shaped plate to a bracket move an exhaust pipe to the jammed bracket to reduce a gap in connection and take a bracket. Keep in mind that brackets fasten in a certain situation by basic surfaces on flanges;
– lower a reception exhaust pipe 13 and remove a sealing ring 25;
– unscrew nuts and bolts of fastening of a final collector 2;
– disconnect a collector and laying 1 from a head of the block of cylinders.
Installation carry out to sequences of return to removal. Use new laying and new самоконтрящиеся nuts. If necessary replace a sealing ring 14 on the RP engine.