VW Passat repair
+ 1. Ekspluatatsiiya of the car
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Cooling system
- 5. Power supply system
- 5.1. Power supply systems of petrol engines
5.1.2. General information
5.1.3. PIERBURG 2EZ carburetor
5.1.4. Air filter
5.1.5. Fuel pump
5.1.6. Fuel filter
5.1.7. Fuel accumulator
5.1.8. Fuel tank
5.1.9. Fuel level sensor
5.1.10. Accelerator cable
5.1.11. Systems of injection of fuel
5.1.12. Inlet collector
5.1.13. System of self-diagnostics and codes of malfunctions
5.1.14. Check of a control system by the Digifant engine
5.1.15. Check of a control system by the CIS-E-Motronic engine
5.1.16. System of production of the fulfilled gases
+ 5.2. Power supply system of the diesel engine
+ 6. Ignition system
+ 7. Coupling
+ 8. Transmission
+ 9. Drive of forward wheels
+ 10. Suspension brackets
+ 11. Steering
+ 12. Brake system
+ 13. Wheels and tires
+ 14. Systems of heating, ventilation and conditioning
+ 15. Electric equipment
+ 16. Body
+ 17. Electric circuits
Repair B3-B4/Passat B3-B4 Volkswagen Passat>> Power supply system>> Power supply systems of petrol engines>> Inlet collector
Removal and installation of an inlet collector system of injection of Digifant fuel carry out in the following order:
– remove a branch pipe 12 (see fig. 5.66 ) supply of air and the butterfly valve case 17;
– disconnect from a collector the 25th valve of 38 stabilization of turns of idling together with an arm;
– disconnect a hose 27 vacuum amplifiers of a brake from an inlet collector;
– disconnect a pipe of 31 measurements of the contents WITH from a reverse side of a collector;
– unscrew a connecting plate 29 between inlet and final collectors;
– unscrew a bolt and remove the grounding tire from an inlet collector;
– unscrew bolts and nuts and remove an inlet collector 25 and laying 37 from a head of the block of cylinders.
Installation make in sequence, return to removal.
Removal and installation of an inlet collector of system of injection of Mono-Jetronic fuel carry out in the following order:
– disconnect a hose of the vacuum amplifier of a brake from an inlet collector
– disconnect the electric tip from a heater 20 inlet collectors.
– on a reverse side of a collector unscrew a branch pipe of 1 zabornik of warmed-up air and a pipe 12 for contents measurement WITH;
– unscrew bolts and nuts and disconnect an inlet collector 8 and laying 10 from a head of the block of cylinders;
– remove a sealing ring of the 9th channel of cooling liquid.
Installation of an inlet collector make in sequence, return to removal. At installation of a collector use new laying and sealing rings.
Removal and installation of an inlet collector of system of injection of K-Jetronic and KE-Motronic fuel carry out in the following order.
The inlet collector with systems of injection of K-Jetronic and KE-Motronic fuel consists of the top and bottom parts. The top part can be removed separately or to remove a collector in collecting and then to separate the top part.
– remove a branch pipe of supply of air and the case of a butterfly valve 15 (see fig. 5.70 );
– note situation and disconnect vacuum hoses from a collector;
– disconnect the electric tip from the valve of 18 stabilization of turns of idling 19 and the valve of cold start;
– pit pressure in fuel system for what weaken a collar of connection of an inlet hose in a motor compartment;
– disconnect топливопровод from the valve of cold start 19;
– on a back part of an inlet collector disconnect a hose of the 22nd ventilation of a case;
– disconnect wires of a high voltage from spark plugs and a distributor cover;
– disconnect топливопроводы from nozzles 21 (see fig. 5.69 );
– turn on and remove an inlet collector and laying;
– unscrew nuts and separate a collector on two parts and remove laying 14 (see fig. 5.70 ).
Installation carry out to sequences, return to removal.
Removal and installation of an inlet collector of RV, PF engines and 2Е carry out in the following order:
– remove the valve of stabilization of turns of idling from a collector together with an arm;
– unscrew the screw and remove a measurement pipe WITH from a reverse side of a collector;
– unscrew a bolt and separate a basic plate between an entrance opening and an inlet collector;
– unscrew a bolt and remove the tire of grounding of a collector;
– if necessary disconnect electric sockets from switches of a mode of idling and completely open butterfly valve or a potentiometer of provision of a butterfly valve.
The general instructions for all types of engines:
– gradually and consistently unscrew nuts of fastening of an inlet collector to a head of the block of cylinders and remove a collector together with laying.
Installation make in sequence of return to removal taking into account the next moments:
– at collector installation, use new laying;
– tighten bolts of fastening of a collector the demanded moment;
– check, that all vacuum hoses and electric sockets were correctly connected and reliably fixed.