VW Passat repair
+ 1. Ekspluatatsiiya of the car
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Power supply system
+ 6. Ignition system
+ 7. Coupling
+ 8. Transmission
+ 9. Drive of forward wheels
- 10. Suspension brackets
+ 10.1. Forward suspension bracket
- 10.2. Back suspension bracket
10.2.1. Technical characteristics
10.2.2. General data
10.2.3. Replacement of the bearing of a nave of a back wheel
10.2.4. Pin of a back wheel
10.2.5. Rack of a back suspension bracket
10.2.6. Beam of a back suspension bracket
10.2.7. Back suspension bracket of the all-wheel drive car (Syncro)
10.2.9. System of self-alignment of a suspension bracket
+ 11. Steering
+ 12. Brake system
+ 13. Wheels and tires
+ 14. Systems of heating, ventilation and conditioning
+ 15. Electric equipment
+ 16. Body
+ 17. Electric circuits
Repair B3-B4/Passat B3-B4 Volkswagen Passat>> Suspension brackets>> Back suspension bracket>> Rack of a back suspension bracket
Removal of a rack make in the following order:
– fix forward wheels in situation «the car on wheels»;
– in salon of the car incline a back of back sitting forward. On cars with a body the versatile person remove lateral furnish in a luggage compartment and furnish of a back rack (fig. 10.23, 10.24) then remove directing a seat belt (fig. 10.25) . For removal directing a belt insert a screw-driver under directing and turn it;
– unscrew an inertial drum of a seat belt from an arm in the top part of a rack;
– unscrew two top bolts of fastening of a rack (fig. 10.26) ;
– under the car in an opening of an arm of a beam of a back suspension bracket establish a key of necessary dimension on the nut (fig. 10.27) clamping a bolt of the bottom fastening of a rack, unscrew a bolt and take it from the lever;
– on cars with a being self-leveled suspension bracket depressurize system and disconnect an air pipe from the shock-absorber and a sensor wire from the left shock-absorber;
– slowly lift a back part of the car and fix on basic racks;
– disconnect a rack from the lever and turn it so that to level the top lock devices of a rack with four grooves on a body (fig. 10.28) ;
– take a rack together with a cylindrical spring from under the car.
Removal make in the following order:
– clear an amortizatorny rack of dirt;
– for removal of a cylindrical spring it is necessary to compress a spring, using the special adaptation for compression of springs;
– compress a spring until the top support of a rack will be released;
– by means of the lever uncover 21 (fig. 10.29) with the top lock device and a sealing ring 2 round sections;
– unscrew самоконтрящуюся a nut 20 then remove a tarelchaty washer 19, the top rubber plug 18 and the top fastening of a rack;
– take the rasporny plug 17, the bottom rubber plug 6, a metal cap 7, a washer 8 and a nest of a spring 5;
– remove a spring 12, the buffer 9 and a plastic cover 11;
– if necessary unclench the special adaptation for compression of springs and release a spring.
Check. Check all elements of an amortizatorny rack on wear, damages or deformation.
Check smoothness of a course of a rod of the shock-absorber.
Check the shock-absorber on tightness, and its rod on dot corrosion on all length. In the presence of defects the shock-absorber should be replaced.
Cylindrical springs are identified by color labels and in case of replacement change in pair.
Rack assembly. Assembly make in the following order:
– establish on a spring a spring nest (fig. 10.30) . Thus the party of a nest designated by the word "Federanfang" (the spring beginning) should be brought by the end of a round of a spring;
– compress a spring the special adaptation and establish on a rack, watching thus that the bottom end of a spring was correctly established in the bottom cup of a spring;
– establish a rack support so that the axis passing through bolts of fastening of a support of a rack settled down at an angle 50 ° in relation to the bottom eye of the shock-absorber (fig. 10.31) ;
– further assembly is carried out to sequences to return dismantling.