VW Passat repair
+ 1. Ekspluatatsiiya of the car
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Power supply system
+ 6. Ignition system
+ 7. Coupling
+ 8. Transmission
+ 9. Drive of forward wheels
- 10. Suspension brackets
- 10.1. Forward suspension bracket
10.1.1. Technical characteristics
10.1.2. General data
10.1.3. Amortizatorny rack of a forward suspension bracket
10.1.4. Rotary fist
10.1.5. Bearing of a forward wheel
10.1.6. Cross-section lever
10.1.7. Stabilizer of cross-section stability
10.1.8. Corners of installation of wheels
+ 10.2. Back suspension bracket
+ 11. Steering
+ 12. Brake system
+ 13. Wheels and tires
+ 14. Systems of heating, ventilation and conditioning
+ 15. Electric equipment
+ 16. Body
+ 17. Electric circuits
Repair B3-B4/Passat B3-B4 Volkswagen Passat>> Suspension brackets>> Forward suspension bracket>> Amortizatorny rack of a forward suspension bracket
Removal of a rack make in the following order:
– remove a decorative cap of a wheel;
– unscrew a nut of fastening of a nave in situation «the car on wheels»;
– weaken bolts of fastening of a wheel;
– will hang out and fix on basic racks a forward part of the car;
– unscrew bolts of fastening of a wheel and remove a wheel;
– establish a jack under the external end of the cross-section lever;
– in a motor compartment by means of the lever uncover 1 (fig. 10.2) the top part of an amortization rack. Holding from a provorachivaniye a shock-absorber rod a six-sided key dimension of 7 mm, a key of VW 3078 unscrew самоконтрящуюся a nut of fastening of a rod of the shock-absorber (fig. 10.3) ;
– unscrew a nut and remove a connector of the stabilizer of cross-section stability;
– unscrew a nut and remove a spherical support of steering draft from a rotary fist;
– remove a brake support and, using a soft wire, tie up it;
– note the provision of an amortization rack and a rotary fist relatively each other;
– note the provision of the top and bottom bolts of fastening of a rotary fist to a rack correctly to establish them on former places, and unscrew bolts;
– replace самоконтрящиеся nuts and special laying;
– lower the cross-section lever for rack release from the top fastening then by means of the lever separate an amortizatorny rack from a rotary fist and take it from under a forward wing.
Dismantling of a rack is made in the following order:
– to clear an amortizatorny rack of dirt;
– for removal of the shock-absorber it is necessary to compress a spring for what use the special adaptation (fig. 10.4) ;
– compress a spring until the top cup will be released, then unscrew a grip or the special VW-524 tool (with a six-sided head) a shlitsevy nut in the top part of a rod of the shock-absorber (fig. 10.5) .
Thus hold a shock-absorber rod from a provorachivaniye a natural an internal shestigrannik. As other way it is possible to clamp a shock-absorber rod a face or rozhkovy key on facets;
– remove the bearing 5 (see fig. 10.2 ) an amortization rack from the top cup 6 (see fig. 10.2 ) springs. At replacement of the bearing replace all bearing assembled;
– remove a cylindrical spring from an amortization rack, previously having noted the provision of its top part;
– remove from a rod the buffer of compression 7 (see fig. 10.2 ) and a protective cover 8;
– if it is required to replace a spring, slowly unclench it. If the shock-absorber is replaced only, a spring leave compressed.
Check. Check all elements of an amortizatorny rack on wear, damages or deformation. Check smoothness of a course of a rod of the shock-absorber.
Check the shock-absorber on tightness, and its rod on dot corrosion on all length. In the presence of defects the shock-absorber is subject to replacement.
Assembly carry out in sequence, return dismantling.
Installation of a rack is carried out to sequences, return to removal.
Insert an amortization rack and screw new самоконтрящуюся a nut of fastening of a rod of the shock-absorber. If were established a new amortizatorny rack, check a corner of disorder of forward wheels and in case of need adjust it (see. «Corners of installation of wheels»).