VW Passat repair
+ 1. Ekspluatatsiiya of the car
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Power supply system
+ 6. Ignition system
- 7. Coupling
7.1. Specifications and characteristics
7.2. General information
7.3. Check of a technical condition of hydraulic system
7.4. Coupling pedal
7.5. Air removal from a hydraulic drive of coupling
7.6. Removal and installation of the working cylinder of coupling
7.7. Removal and installation of the main cylinder of coupling
7.8. Removal and installation of a cable of a drive of coupling
7.9. Removal and installation of press and conducted disks of coupling
7.10. Removal and installation of the lever and bearing of switching off of coupling
+ 8. Transmission
+ 9. Drive of forward wheels
+ 10. Suspension brackets
+ 11. Steering
+ 12. Brake system
+ 13. Wheels and tires
+ 14. Systems of heating, ventilation and conditioning
+ 15. Electric equipment
+ 16. Body
+ 17. Electric circuits
Repair B3-B4/Passat B3-B4 Volkswagen Passat>> Coupling>> Removal and installation of the main cylinder of coupling
The main cylinder of coupling is located in a motor compartment, to the right of the vacuum amplifier of brakes (see fig. 7.6 ).
Cнятие of the main cylinder carry out in the following order:
– uncover the block of safety locks, unscrew screws of fastening and remove the lower part of the dashboard;
– remove a spring bracket of fastening and take a pin with a head and an opening under шплинт, a fixing pusher of the main cylinder to a coupling pedal;
– press a hose of supply of liquid from a tank to the main cylinder of coupling by a suitable clip and disconnect a hose from the main cylinder of coupling;
– unscrew the union of the pipeline and disconnect a hose going to the working cylinder of coupling;
– in salon of the car remove a protective casing of a pusher of the main cylinder of coupling;
– unscrew nuts of fastening and remove the main cylinder.
Check of a technical condition of details of the main cylinder its assembly and installation carry out in the following order:
– clear an external surface of the main cylinder of coupling.
– using a screw-driver as the lever, remove a rubber casing and take a pusher. Weaken a lock-nut, unscrew a collar of fastening and take a pusher from a rubber casing;
– take a lock ring from the cylinder, and also laying, the piston and a spring. Pay attention that the end of a spring having smaller diameter, settles down from the piston;
– carefully clear details of the main cylinder of coupling, check their condition and if necessary replace them. A cuff of the piston replace irrespective of its condition;
– lower a new cuff in brake liquid and establish it on the piston according to shooters indexes. Be convinced that the working edge of a cuff is before a spring on the piston end;
– establish a spring the end having bigger diameter, in the main cylinder of coupling. Having lowered the piston in brake liquid, accurately insert it into the coupling cylinder;
– establish laying and a lock ring in a cylinder flute;
– grease a pusher end face with a thin layer of special greasing, establish it on the piston and put on a rubber casing. Наживив a lock-nut and a collar, tighten a lock-nut.
Installation of the main cylinder carry out to sequences, the return folding.
Remove air from hydraulic system of a drive of coupling.